Wednesday 15 September 2010

food & films

I was making pizzas for lunch and while kneading the dough in my hands 
I suddenly found myself thinking about all the wonderful films I've seen that 
are all about food. Lovely food!

Ratatouille (2007) is probably my absolute favourite. Maybe it's just the Paris 
setting. I don't know how often I've watched it with my children and I enjoy it 
every time. I'm almost certain there is a rat working as a head chef somewhere 
in Paris!

photo via AllMoviePhoto.com

One of the most precious birthday presents I've got was from my German 
friend Dietmar. I had told him in a letter that I was reading Karen Blixen's story, 
Babettes gæstebud, (we talk about books all the time) and a few weeks later 
the DVD arrived in the mail. Its English title is Babette's Feast (1987) and it's 
a gem (the story, too).

photo via Filmgids.nl

Julie & Julia (2009). Just five words: Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci.

photo via The Huffington Post

The scene with Comte de Reynaud [Alfred Molina] in the chocolate shop's 
window in Chocolate (2000). Priceless!

photo via Cinema Fanatic

Like Water for Chocolate (1992). I have to admit that it's been such a long 
time since I saw the film that I hardly remember any particular scenes, but 
Laura Esquivel's novel has never left my mind.

photo via EW.com

No Reservations (2007). A really cute film with food, food, food.

photo via nrc handelsblad
 .

3 comments:

  1. I love food and I love movies, so this is right up my alley :)
    Have seen Chocolate (ofcourse!) and No Reservations but none of the others. Should get around to seeing Ratatouille at least, that one looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking is one of my favourite things to do. Ratatouille is soo cute, I love that one :) It's pretty crazy when a cartoon rat can inspire you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.