Friday 28 January 2011

indian influence

For dinner yesterday, we made a delicious Indian meal, hubby made the dish itself and I made chapati, which is a flat round South Asian bread. We served pickles and mango chutney on the side. This week all the children have been sick in bed with a nasty flu and have had no appetite. Therefore, at the dinner table it was just the two of us, which made it okay to serve the dish extra hot and spicy. There are plenty of leftovers so today an Indian style lunch is guaranteed. With that said, I decided to look at Indian home decor. Let me just say that I realize that what I found isn't the reality for the majority of the Indian population. Then again, this blog world isn't really about the reality of the common people, is it?


photo credit:
bottom-left: Casa Paradox
bottom-right: Derek Swalwell | styling: Clair Wayman via Design*Sponge

9 comments:

  1. Love your inspiration board, Lisa. Hope your kids are feeling better soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debby, the kids are slowly regaining their energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely inspiration as always Lisa! And I love your new font as well - very easy to read :)

    Have a fab weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Signe, I was so glad to see that Blogger was finally introducing new fonts ;-)

    Have a great weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, the flu is awful. It took my kids two weeks to recover....

    Lovely colorful blog. Im following now :)

    Would be honored if you stop by my blog and had a look. Let me know what you think. Welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love everything Indian. I love spicy food and I am a chai tea addict. Seriously. Yes, all this luxury is not for all indians but they all use incredible colors and they are such an inspiring population.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just in love with the colours in this post!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.