Tuesday 26 April 2011

bright spaces

Since I woke up this morning I've been thinking about bright spaces. Maybe because of the morning sun that made our living room so bright and pretty. I have kept these photos in my inspiration folder for some time. None of them is taken in the same home; they simply fit my mood perfectly. I love the welcoming effect of the white and soft blue colours, reminding me of summer and sea.

I hope your week is starting well.


photo credit:
top-left: Country Living via decorology
  top-right: John Kernick for House Beautiful
bottom-left: Roger Davies for House Beautiful
bottom-right: Don Freeman for House Beautiful

8 comments:

  1. i love bright spaces and have a lot of trouble in understanding why some people buy black curtains to stop the light to enter the room...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do give the impression of a summer house at the seaside. such a serene atmosphere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice - just love the blue colour on the wall next to the stairs - maybe my bedroom should have that blue nice colour ;o))
    Did you see - you have to fetch something on my blog - hope you will play with us ;o) Would love to know you better ;o)
    Greetings Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. very inpiring and nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nydelige luftige rom. Spesielt godt liker jeg de vakre vridde stolpene på trappen i bildet nederst til venstre... :)

    ha en nydelig uke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the color of those walls is wonderful. I love the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The light blue gives such a lovely, cozy atmosphere. Love these photo's. I'm wearing (my only thing in) light blue today actually;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are indeed amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.