Thursday 21 April 2011

girly townhouse

For some time I've been drawn to this home, well the details of it; there are so many things in there that appeal to me, although I'd probably arrange them differently. "We used a lot of Napoleon III and Victorian, a lot of French and Continental pieces that are small in scale," says Jonathan Berger, who designed this Brooklyn townhouse for a mother with three girls, hence the fuchsia and all the girly stuff. A few days ago I was at a flea market when I saw a similar blue and white vase, as the one in the bottom-left photo, but it didn't look exactly as I wanted it be. But looking at this vase with the branch in it encourages me to keep on looking. Click on the link below the images to read the full interview with the designer and to see more photos.


photo credit: Francesco Lagnese for House Beautiful

7 comments:

  1. I love patterns in these photos, especially of the armchair in the first image on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the yellow with the pink - very fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how fresh it is. Girly, but elegant too. Love the vase with the branches and the pattern of the chair next to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice and understand why you want to find a similar vase ;o)
    Have a really nice easter - greetings Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sæl Lísa
    kíkti hér inn til þess að óska þér gleðilegs sumars vona að það verði þér og þínum ánægjulegt
    kveðja Adda

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, that vase is lovely. i like it against the pink backdrop too. though i could never imagine doing that in my house. maybe i need to break out a little!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vase too!!

    We didnt go sailing. We allways have the safetywest on when playing at the piere. And good it that, because the other day my niese who is 4 years fell in the water. I jumped out after her. The water was 8 degrees. But she had the safetywest on, so it all went well :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.