Monday 6 June 2011

antique heaven


Antique furniture. Bedroom with parquet de Versailles floor. Long silk curtains. White library. Images like these make my heart ache a little and I always get the feeling that I was born in the wrong era. Someone would say that I could simply decorate my home like that but there are two crystal clear reasons why it's not happening. First of all, I would need a mansion. Second, these gorgeous antique things are way beyond my budget. Light years beyond!

Maybe I can afford one of those glass boxes in the first photo. I said maybe.

Antiques or no antiques, I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!


photo credit: Kerri McCaffety for House Beautiful

9 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I'm in love with the antique doors on the first photos. It give characters in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive. Furniture is gorgeous but the chaise-longue in front of the fireplace makes my heart beat faster! pillows, bathroom, doors, that glass boxes...everything is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous images! I love those turquoise boxes in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be happy to spend my vacation in such a charming mansion. Beautiful! Have a great week, Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these images would be actual rooms in my dream home.....especially that bedroom. Oh, that bedroom!

    Something tells me even those gorgeous blue boxes would be out of our price range ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous antiques. I don't think I could have my whole home filled with so much of it, but a couple of things like the chairs from the living room and the chaise lounge, or those stunning boxes would do very fine;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, I adore antiques, so much inspiration!
    Have a happy week Lisa:)
    Wendy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures - and amazing antiques ;o)
    Have a nice day ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! The last two images stole my heart — I find the bedroom so cozy with the abundance curtains and layers... antiques? Certainly, yes please!

    p.s great giveaway, and if I hadn't just ordered a copy, I definitely would have entered.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.