Tuesday 9 August 2011

la vita è bella


Part one of my friend's visit is now over. She and her son flew to Italy today and for eight days they'll be enjoying the charm of Venice, Florence and Lake Garda before returning to Antwerp for part two. To sum up the last two days: hugs & laughter; mussels & white wine; prosciutto & melon, Baileys & latte; strolling & shopping; caprese salad, baguette & red wine; clouds, rain & sun.

I'm so behind on my blog visits; my Bloglovin' is basically exploding! I hope you have been enjoying wonderful days.

photo credit:
fashion: 'Venezia la Dolce Vita'
Marloes Horst photographed by Laura Sciacovelli
for Marie Claire Italy via Fashion Gone Rogue
Florence #1:  allykaym on Flickr via Pinterest
Florence #2: Sisse Brimberg and Cotton Coulson

13 comments:

  1. This collage is breathtaking, Lisa! Ah, beautiful Italy! I've seen part of it, but I guess I could visit every year and still not get tired of it. I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time with your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifulll images <3!! Happy to read your friend and you made the best of your time together, doing so much fun things. And there's a second part to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds like a heavenly visit! All of my favorite things packed into two days :) You set your friend up for a wonderful Italian journey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you be my friend, too? Your time together sounds absolutely perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you and your friend had a lovely time!
    And yes, we enjoyed the stay at the cabin :)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had the most lovely couple of days ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can never have enough of Italy!
    this year I went in Rome for the first time and I totally fell in love with the city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh would i love to travel to Italy right now! But work will not allow. Soon perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. la vita è bella when you make it - seams you are amazing at it ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collage Lisa, the first image is breathtaking! Sounds like a wonderful few days with your friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, I really like to be your friend too!!
    Behind with blogs visits? Join the club ;-) There are too many amazing people like you with too many nice blogs like yours!!! ;-)
    Bayleis and latte? Do you combine them? My ohter half loves latte and I love Bayleis, sounds like a good combination!
    Have a good day, Eliana, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pics. would love to be in Italy myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.