Tuesday 17 April 2012

books and coffee


It's cloudy and cold outside, and a bit windy too. This is definitely not the spring weather I signed up for. Today I've mainly been drinking coffee, reading, drinking coffee, pinning, and drinking coffee. For the readers who don't know what pinning is, that would be a fancy verb for wasting time on Pinterest. It can be a wonderful waste of time.

I feel the need to add to my collection of coffee table books, a book on fashion, but I'm having a difficult time choosing which one to buy. I've been wanting that Lanvin book ever since I first browsed through it in a bookshop and I also have a crush on Halston and Louis Vuitton. Do you own any of these or have you bought any recently that you're really satisfied with?

Today you'll find me over at Rachel's blog Little Bits of Lovely sharing my 5 Lovely Things, which is such a wonderful feature on her beautiful blog. It's also a great way to discover new blogs. Thank you so much Rachel for having me over.  

photo credit:
1: Erika Brechtel of small studio
2: unknown source via Tumblr
3: Alicia Lund of Cheetah is the New Black

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Lisa, ever since last week (with a short break to celebrate Easter), I am so well aware of the "pinning" significance in my life: such a fabulous way to waste time and I don't feel guilty at all :)))) I am going to check your guest post right away.:*
    PS: I am also looking for my first fashion book and I think it will be Dior Couture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flower - book pics!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are so many books I'd love to have, but I try to not buy anything anymore, especially not heavy art or fashion books. i wonder how long I can keep that up, tho.

    love your photos in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a really cold morning but now the sun is shining - wohoo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ég fékk gæsahúð; evrópskt vor, kaffi með manninum áður en börnin vakna, sushi .... algerlega best í heimi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED your guest post! I'm glad to hear you've browsed through the Lanvin book, because I was debating whether it's worth buying or not. As for recommending other fashion books, I highly recommend the ones I've written about on my blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for taking part Lisa, it was so lovey to feature your gorgeous post! The Lanvin book looks beautiful and is on my wishlist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a lovely blog.Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Lanvin book looks interesting. I used to buy heaps of big art/fashion/design books way back when... the last book I got was for my birthday - Brodovitch (Assouline) - gorgeous gorgeous images.
    Now you're making me really curious about Pinterest- a friend asked me if I was already joined (I'm not) but I'm sure it will devour all of my time (after blogging!) but then what about Instagram? and Tumblr? I can't decide so I haven't committed yet!
    That first image is absolutely beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coffee & books - two things I could not live without! I am guilty of spending far too much time on Pinterest too! And about the books, I just love the look of the Lanvin one too. x

    Kate {Something Fabulous}
    http://thesomethingfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had to stop buying heavy coffee table books (books in general really) as we have totally run out of space! The weather is just foul here today so I would love to be sitting reading a good book with a steaming cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never get enough of coffee table books. Never ever! I was just flipping through Matthew Williamson's last night at his store. I wouldn't allow myself to buy it. YET! :)

    Hope you're having a great week and hope the weather is improving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.