Friday 12 October 2012

charming spaces: scandinavian design


Today I'm continuing with Scandinavian design. This charming space - white, bright, modern and minimalistic - appeals to me; the no-clutter look always appeals to me. I can only imagine how cosy it is to sit there with the fire burning so there is no need for much decor. The table is called Essay and is a Cecilie Manz design. She is one of Denmark's young and well-known designers. The chairs are the CH24 by Hans J. Wegner, also called The Wishbone or Y. Wegner designed the Y in 1949 and it has been produced without interruption since 1950.

Soon I have to attend a meeting at the children's school. Until then I'm sitting in my kitchen enjoying a latte and home-made dried fruit confectionery while listening to Beth Orton singing Last Leaves of Autumn from her new album Sugaring Season. In my mind, it's the perfect autumn song. I'm also wondering where the week went! Wasn't it Friday like the day before yesterday?

photo credit:
Line Klein for Fri.dk

8 comments:

  1. The week went by waaaaaay to fast. I can't believe it's Friday already. I keep looking at the chairs and the painting on that photo - such a simple room, but so many beautiful and interesting details.

    Enjoy your morning and have a wonderful weekend!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely song, Lisa, I am going to listen more of her songs! Yesterday I was all day long listening jazz by Johnny Hartman as I re-watched "The Bridges of Madison County". Further to your recommendations, last night I saw "One True Thing", it was so sad, yet so beautiful... I am on a "Meryl regime" lately ;) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the Wishbone chair is one of my all time favourites - definitely my top choice should I decide on designer chairs for a dining room in the future. Have a lovely Friday, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this room... all that natural light, the fireplace, those Wishbone chairs and the U shaped legs on that beautiful Essay table. Isn't it scary how quickly the weeks are flying by? ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the simplicity of this room. I hope the meeting went well. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time is flying by and I can´t keep up..! :-D Lovely pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah that is my dream to live in a clutter free state. What a beautiful space, Lisa.

    Hope the meeting went well. Enjoy the weekend :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.