Wednesday 5 December 2012

notes à la mode 24



Today I am inspired by timeless wardrobe pieces and by the women of Luxembourg. While doing my Christmas shopping I have been seeing quite many stylish women on the streets. I was in the city centre last week when I saw two women wearing beautiful winter coats in red and black that reminded me of the Ralph Lauren Autumn/Winter 2008 Collection. If I exclude the evening wear it's one of my favourite collections by him and, in my opinion, one that ages incredibly well.




NOTES À LA MODE 24 LINKS

  Have you seen the clip on the website of Vogue US about the role of the fashion editor? It's from In Vogue: The Editor's Eye, the new HBO documentary. You can watch the trailer as well if you haven't seen it
  I have already mentioned on the blog that I want to see the new Anna Karenina (2012) film starring Keira Knightley. The costumes are one of the reasons why I want to see it (preview to the right)
  It's not a fashion editorial but I love the photos in the blog post 'Eskimo in Iceland' on the Gary Pepper fashion blog. As most of you know, Iceland is my home country and I guess I'm a little biased when I say it's a beautiful country. The photos were taken at Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon, a place that I have no words for
  Carrie of the WishWishWish blog took us on a journey to Paris where coffee and fashion seem to have a special bond
  Finally, what do you think about Alexander Wang for Balenciaga? Do you see a future there? I have to admit that I was rather surprised, I had to read it twice to believe it, but this is the fashion industry and anything is possible

photo credit:
1-10: Ralph Lauren Autumn/Winter 2008 Collection via Vogue Italia / 11: a still from Anna Karenina (2012) via Couture Millinery Atelier

6 comments:

  1. The 'Eskimo in Iceland' photos are stunning! What a magical place. I'm looking forward to seeing 'Anna Karenina' too - the costumes look luscious. I'm off to check out the Vogue trailer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who saw Anna Karenina over the weekend and she said it was wonderful (it’s now top of my movie list)! I also really loved scrolling through the “Eskimo in Iceland” photos – whenever I see pictures of Iceland I always think it could pass as another planet. The scenery is just so surreal and breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the 'eskimo in iceland' pics are fabulous. I have to agree. it's a beautiful country.I have to go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could recognize the Ralph Lauren style anywhere, from the first detail shot. This fashion label has my heart. :) As you must have seen, I already expressed my point of about Alexander Wang at Balenciaga in my today's post, but it seems that I'm being misunderstood by some of my readers, because I am not excited at all by this, surprised, yes, curious, yes, but excited, no. I wish they would air the Vogue documentary on HBO worldwide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the documentary will be available on DVD some time soon - I always envy people with access to the channel because they can watch all those wonderful films!
    I am excited about Wang at Balenciaga. Not to the point of jumping and dancing, but yes, I think they made the right choice. I think it will be a good partneship, but we'll see.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to watch both Anna Karenina (and Les Miserables...) and In Vogue: The Editor's Eye! Today Vogue US released another (longer) trailer and it looks like a wonderful documentary! Regarding Balenciaga, I have to admit I'm not a big fan of Wang (like Isabel Marant, I find that his clothes are way too expensive for their value/design...), but will see...Have a nice evening! Caterina

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.