Friday 8 August 2014

K&A: spiced blueberry cobbler

Is anyone in the mood for blueberries? I am. Always! The last time I posted a recipe on my food blog was in January. Without going into much detail it was mainly because of the oven in our last home. None of my baking temperatures and baking times worked in it and I found myself reluctant to continue with the food blog until I had tried another UK kitchen; another oven. Then we moved here and now I have a new kitchen with two ovens, which I love, and I don't have to adjust anything. Well, this recipe of a spiced blueberry cobbler that I just posted on kitchen & aroma needs no baking. It's the dessert I start craving during the blueberry season, when I start spotting the stacks of large blueberry boxes in grocery stores. It's from Ani Phyo's book Ani's Raw Food Desserts. I have tried some wonderful recipes from the raw cuisine but I'm a gourmet, well, I'm a healthier version of one, and serve the dessert with whipped cream, organic or home-made ice cream, or Greek yoghurt. If you have a food processor you can easily make this one.

Have a wonderful weekend!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

3 comments:

  1. How did you know I have fresh blueberries in the fridge? You couldn't have shared this recipe at a better time. Heading over to see what else I need. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it. It's a favourite in this household.

      Delete
  2. I am always in the mood for blueberries. In fact I got fresh ones today at the market and will make some pancakes tomorrow morning. Sort of celebrating the weekend:-) Have a happy one!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.