Friday 1 August 2014

styling: playing with pattern



Is it too obvious that today I'm in the mood for colours and patterns? Preferably patterns on patterns; the bolder the better! I don't know what's with me these days but I was going through my folders and these colourfully styled images didn't leave me alone. Mixing them together on the blog almost seemed like stepping out of the comfort zone, but interestingly there was no fear. It felt good! It made me realise that I need bright coloured, patterned tablecloths in my life. And napkins! How gorgeous is that Marimekko table above? Perhaps this new South-Yorkshire brave-heart (sounds like a dog breed, doesn't it) also needs more patterns in her wardrobe! Well, hello Mary Katrantzou!


photo credit:
1: Marimekko via ChicDecó | 2 + 7: Erik Madigan Heck for A Magazine + Nomenus Quarterly • model Janice wearing items by Mary Katrantzou, Autumn 2011 Collection, styled by Heidi Bivens • set design: Shaun Kato Samuel via FashionSelected | 3 + 6: Olga Tuponogova-Volkova for AD Russia • model Keshia Asiedu styled by Natalia Obukhov | 4: Angus Fergusson for Canadian House & Home, November 2012 • styling Kai Ethier via Apartment 34/Pinterest | 5: Henri Matisse, Interior with Egyptian Curtain, 1948, oil on canvas, The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC

4 comments:

  1. There seems to be no other better time for trying out new things than summer, doesn't it? At the beginning of the season and I went on and bought a palm tree patterned pencil skirt (!) - very Stella McCartney. I know, it was a surprise for me too. But it feels good every time I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the kimonos I bought earlier this summer brought this on. I bet that skirt looks gooooood!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, a bit of pattern switches things up a bit doesn't it? Always good to switch things up a bit. Loving the Marimekko too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern combinations. I love it, but I find it tricky ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.